I'll Assume They Were Bored
That last post was cathartic but the writing was the part I needed, not the reading of it so I took it down. Luckily not many people saw it.
Yesterday morning I had to take Abby for her blood work and noticed on the way out that some
I ran up to Home Depot and stood there looking overwhelmed at all the mailbox choices. I must have looked it because a very nice man came by and walked me through the process of what to buy (seriously, why don't the screws come with the mailbox??) and how to install the new mailbox on the old post. I had to borrow the neighbors' drill (their box got smashed as well) but after that, I was on my own. I had to drive back and forth, up and down the driveway for tools etc...and I had a few problems (who knew a screw head got hot enough to blister a finger tip?) but I did it! I haven't actually been down there today yet to see if it is still standing but I'm pretty sure it will be.
And oh yeah, I wanted to ROAR!


5 Comments:
It's a great feeling when you complete something you have never done before!
Roar away!
A bunch of road signs were pulled up around here last weekend. I, too, said those kids need to go back to school...it will probably be mailboxes this weekend.
I never have understood the appeal for destroying others' property. I think maybe it's a boy thing.
But it sure felt great to be able to deal with it. Roar!!
Those country mail boxes can be a real pain to install. Hey if you need any part time work and want to live up here,I have one opening with free room and board!:-)
Thanks, but I don't think one mailbox qualifies me for that position yet. Haha. Let's see if it withstands another hit by a baseball bat.
Post a Comment
<< Home